[TxMt] Latex: completion with esc not working

Charilaos Skiadas skiadas at hanover.edu
Fri Oct 20 20:15:22 UTC 2006

On Oct 20, 2006, at 2:33 PM, Christopher Brewster wrote:
> On 20 Oct 2006, at 15:53, Charilaos Skiadas wrote:
>
>>> Does the other completion command work, the one via opt-esc?
>> This does nothing.
>>
> This should work with an absolute path for TM_LATEX_MASTER.
>>

> Using TextMate--> Show Variables command, I discovered that the
> TM_LATEX_MASTER is pointing to the wrong directory.
> I have tried updating this but this does not change (in the sense
> that when I run 'show variables' it remains the same).
> I tried quitting from Textmate and re-starting and still the same
> problem.
> I tried re-booting and still the file shown in the preferences-->
> shell variables pane is different from that shown by 'Show variables'
> I tried to uncheck the check box - still the same problem.
> Could this be the cause of my \ref{} problem?
>
> Any ideas?

So, there are two places where TM_LATEX_MASTER can be defined. There
is the shell variables in the preferences area. That's usually not
the best thing for this variable since in general we want a different
variable for each project. So to begin with, you should certainly
unset it there, unless you really know why you've set it in the first
place.

What you want to look at now is in your project. (http://
macromates.com/textmate/manual/
environment_variables#project_dependent_variables)
  At the bottom of the project drawer there is a little "info"
button. It is usually disabled, and to enable it you have to make
sure there is no file selected in the drawer (i.e. click on some
empty space in the drawer). This enables the button, and when you
click on it it brings up a window much like the "shell variables"
window in the preferences. Except that the variables here are only
set when working with this particular project, and different projects
can have different variables associated with them.
My guess is that this is where  TM_LATEX_MASTER is set to its
incorrect value.

> Christopher

Haris