[TxMt] GTDAlt feature requests (was: GTD vs GTD2 vs GTDalt?)

Alan Schmitt alan.schmitt at polytechnique.org
Thu Oct 19 12:30:15 UTC 2006

Because of the kGTD importer, I decided to try GTDAlt first, and here
is some quick feedback.

First of all, I like being able to do this in TextMate, it feels
really nice.

On 16 oct. 06, at 16:11, Charilaos Skiadas wrote:

> I have a script that I use to obtain all actions with given
> context, and then show these using GeekTool. For now I have not
> made it public because it's a bit rough on the ends, but I'll see
> if I can polish it and make it available. One could then use this
> to create those files.

I would really like to try this script.

I found one bug: the "Go to project" does not seem to do anything.

Here are some features I would like (sorry if they already exist and
I missed them):
- an easy way to move a project to another file (it's quite simple if
it has no notes, but it can get involved with notes: it needs to be
fetched, and maybe renumbered if a note already exists with this number)
- a way to clean up done tasks (this would involve: finding them,
copying them in a completed.gtd file (configurable), and somehow
keeping the information about them (the best would be to recreate the
project structure if it does not exist, and append to the project
structure if it exists, ordered by completion date))

One thing I want to do on my side is try to integrate my Tickler text
based system (there is a quick description [here](http://
alan.petitepomme.net/blog/files/
5e244cd20a732b57b13144d73e25ed0f-48.html), but it has evolved a bit
since to display the pending ticklers using GeekTools) so that what
gets out of it is automatically sent to the GTDAlt inbox (which I
haven't used yet).

Thanks,

Alan

--
Alan Schmitt <http://alan.petitepomme.net/>

The hacker: someone who figured things out and made something cool
happen.
.O.
..O
OOO