[TxMt] Kinda “etags” for Fortran…

guerom00 romain.guerout at stud.unibas.ch
Wed Oct 18 22:00:45 UTC 2006

Hi there,

One thing I miss from my XEmacs days, was the
“etags” command which is very useful when you
have a directory full of Fortran files…
If, in a fortran file, you had

call foobar(blah blah)

It would automatically open the file in which
the function foobar was defined.

So I made a shell script which mimic that.
http://guerom00.free.fr/clutter/Fortran_Tags.sh

Just create a new command which reads :
Wherever_you_put_the_script/Fortran_Tags.sh "$TM_DIRECTORY"\\
 "$TM_CURRENT_WORD" &>/dev/null &
It will create a tags file named “.tags” in the current
directory.

I know it's rather ugly and not perfect but seems
to work OK… Hopefully one person or two will
find this usefull :-D