[TxMt] Fortran, compile, make, closeWindow…

guerom00 romain.guerout at stud.unibas.ch
Wed Oct 18 09:32:11 UTC 2006

Hi there,

I made myself a simple script to compile Fortran
programs using the “make” command. I wanted the
compilation window to automatically close on
successful compilation, so this script basically
reads :

htmlHeader "Compiling current programs using Make"
echo "<h1>Starting Fortran Compile</h1>"
echo

cd "$TM_DIRECTORY"
make|pre
status=$?
echo "status = "${status}
if [[ "${status}" -ne "0" ]]; then
	echo "<h1>Compilation Failed</h1>"
else
	echo "<h1>Compilation Successful</h1>"
#	closeWindow
fi
htmlFooter

The problem is that, even when the compilation
fails, the $status is equal to 0…

http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/8341/image1po1.jpg

What did I do wrong ? How do I fix this ?

Thanks in advance.

PS : I don't know if I'm the only one, but using Safari
for the RSS feed for this mailing list, I receive EVERY
message twice… Rather annoying…