[TxMt] Tcl grammar patch

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Tue Oct 17 02:23:34 UTC 2006

On 16. Oct 2006, at 19:59, Oscar Bonilla wrote:

> [...] Now that differences in preferences are stored as tmDeltas,
> what's a good way to see diffs between what I have and what is in
> the grammar?

I know I say everywhere to checkout to /Library -- but for bundles
where one plans to contribute back a patch, well, it is best to
checkout that bundle to ~/Library or create a symbolic link from ~/
Library to /Library (for just that bundle).

This makes it possible to just do “svn diff «bundle»” to get a patch
file, and better, it states what version the patch is against (I have
received patches which were based on old versions of a bundle, but
that is not clear unless I get the svn headers, so I much prefer this
one).

> I assume that if I attach my tmDelta for Tcl that's enough, right?

I currently have no system to “merge” these. So better to drag the
item from the bundle editor to the desktop, and then either send
that, or do a diff between that and the original (be aware that the
filenames may not match exactly).