[TxMt] GTD vs GTD2 vs GTDalt?

Charilaos Skiadas skiadas at hanover.edu
Mon Oct 16 14:11:24 UTC 2006

On Oct 16, 2006, at 9:33 AM, Alan Schmitt wrote:

>> Most importantly, there is a converter that will take your kGTD
>> file and convert it to the GTDAlt format.
>
> Ah this is great. Does it also preserves the archive (as an history
> of what was done and when)?

No, but that is an interesting idea. I already traverse the entire
XML tree, so it should be possible to work on the archive part as
well. I'll see if I can incorporate it as some point in the future,
though right now I am swamped with other things.

>> There is limited integration with Remind and iCal. The iCal
>> integration is not  very stable yet, though I think a couple of
>> people use it. Improving that is one of my goals for the bundle.
>
> Very nice. So it would make integrating with the Palm fairly simple.
>
> Another simple solution would be a way to export the list of tasks
> to files whose name is the context. This would be sufficient for a
> read-only integration with the Palm (which is how I use the iCal
> integration of kGTD today because of some bug that prevents "done"
> status on the Palm to be propagated back to kGTD).

I have a script that I use to obtain all actions with given context,
and then show these using GeekTool. For now I have not made it public
because it's a bit rough on the ends, but I'll see if I can polish it
and make it available. One could then use this to create those files.

With the limited testing that I have done, changes in iCal will
propagate back to GTDAlt, though this is definitely one of the not
100% reliable areas of the system atm.

Haris