[TxMt] Re: run script with args

Jacob Rus jrus at hcs.harvard.edu
Sat Oct 14 16:13:21 UTC 2006

Matt Neuburg wrote:
> Allan, if you're still reading, you might want to look at how the Perl
> IDE/Debugger Affrus solves this problem:
>
> <http://www.latenightsw.com/affrus/index.html>
>
> A document is accompanied by metadata called "script arguments" which
> determine the combinations of the perl command, switches, and arguments used
> when running the script. A nice feature of this architecture is that you can
> store many script arguments and then just switch among them as a way of
> testing under different conditions. You might want to steal this idea for
> TextMate... :) m.

You could make something like this by attaching your own xattrs to the
file, and then a 'run script' command that takes a look at those.
There's a python module for modifying xattrs, though I doubt it works on
all filesystems (IIRC allan had to work around some weird bugs on that
front).

In any case, this doesn't have to be something built into textmate.  The
bundles are perfectly capable of taking care of it.

-Jacob