[TxMt] Web preview disappears?

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Fri Oct 13 12:43:26 UTC 2006

On 13. Oct 2006, at 03:09, Brett Terpstra wrote:

> I know it's probably something obvious I'm not doing, but I'd
> really like to be able to preview an HTML document in a project
> while editing a linked CSS file.  Every time I open a preview on
> the HTML document and switch to the CSS file in my project, the web
> preview closes.  Is this normal?

While undesired, it is normal, yes.

TextMate also isn’t able to track which files a web page would
include, nor update the web view when these resources change in
memory (contrary to the main HTML).

You can instead use a bookmarklet to have your CSS periodically
reload in your browser and then edit the CSS in TM, see e.g.: http://
iamrice.org/articles/2006/04/20/live-css-editing-with-textmate-safari-
and-firefox