[TxMt] bug? command tab and cursor position

Michael Reece mreece at vinq.com
Thu Oct 12 16:38:35 UTC 2006

it is slightly buggy in the case of hard tabs.  if you watch the
Column: indicator in the status footer, you will notice that if you:

- put your cursor at column, say, 15, in the middle of a line
- indent using cmd+]
- notice the column still says 15
- press left arrow, column now says 17 (when tab size is 4, or column
changes from 15 to 21 when tab size is 8)

On Oct 11, 2006, at 7:32 PM, Allan Odgaard wrote:

> On 12. Oct 2006, at 02:25, Dave Grijalva wrote:
>
>> I'm experiencing an issue where, if my cursor is in the middle of
>> a line, and i use cmd+] to indent the line, my cursor position is
>> shifted one character to the left.  not a huge deal, but a bit
>> annoying.  anybody else experience this?
>
> That’s how it currently works.

---
michael reece :: software engineer :: mreece at vinq.com