[TxMt] 'Documentation for word' command in ruby broken?

Dave Baldwin dave.baldwin at 3dlabs.com
Tue Oct 10 15:01:07 UTC 2006

On 10 Oct 2006, at 14:21, James Edward Gray II wrote:

> On Oct 10, 2006, at 5:45 AM, Dave Baldwin wrote:
>
>> When I try and use the 'Documentation for word' command (control
>> h) I now get the error message:
>>
>> .../lib/web_preview.rb:6 in 'html_header' : undefined method
>> url_encode for ERB::Util:Module (No Method Error) from tmp/
>> temp_textmate_Qp8b1:19
>
> This is a sign of a broken Ruby, but you are not the first person
> to complain of this.  I've just checked in an attempt to workaround
> this issue, can you try a bundle checkout and let me know if this
> helps:
>
> http://macromates.com/textmate/manual/bundles#getting_more_bundles

Not sure what I should be checking out.  I have tried, but get errors:

~> cd /Library/Application\ Support/TextMate/Bundles
/Library/Application Support/TextMate/Bundles> svn --username anon --
password anon co \
    http://macromates.com/svn/Bundles/trunk/Bundles/?    http://
macromates.com/svn/Bundles/trunk/Bundles/Ruby.tmbundle
svn: REPORT request failed on '/svn/Bundles/!svn/vcc/default'
svn: REPORT of '/svn/Bundles/!svn/vcc/default': 400 Bad Request
(http://macromates.com)

Looked at the RSS feed to see what has changed then tried:

/Library/Application Support/TextMate/Bundles> svn --username anon --
password anon co http://macromates.com/svn/Bundles/trunk/Support/lib/
web_preview.rb
svn: URL 'http://macromates.com/svn/Bundles/trunk/Support/lib/
web_preview.rb' refers to a file, not a directory

/Library/Application Support/TextMate/Bundles> svn --username anon --
password anon co http://macromates.com/svn/Bundles/trunk/Support/lib
svn: REPORT request failed on '/svn/Bundles/!svn/vcc/default'
svn: REPORT of '/svn/Bundles/!svn/vcc/default': 400 Bad Request
(http://macromates.com)
/Library/Application Support/TextMate/Bundles>

Dave.