[TxMt] more language grammar woe

sam aaron sam.maillists at googlemail.com
Mon Oct 9 15:58:51 UTC 2006

> Heh, that brings back memories ;) I spent a considerable amount of my
> time while working on my thesis, tinkering with the LaTeX bundle
> instead. TM is just too addictive in that respect (in a good way of
> course). ;)

Well I'm glad to hear that it's possible to tinker with TM, and finish
your thesis off ;-) Thing is, there's so much to learn, and to do one
thing requires a whole load of other knowledge. Plus the fact that
learning things like ruby feels like such a 'good' thing :-) regexps
on the other hand are the root of all evil!!!

I do however think that knowing if things have been saved in the
bundle editor is something I'm struggling with. I don't always close
the editor after I've made a change, and do things like toggle between
two different commands before I try the command again, which feels
like a bit of a fudge. Again even in non-language files, an 'Activate'
button would be very handy.

Oh, and if you're interested do know why I wanted to know if it was
possible to persist commands, I was thinking about the possibility of
embedding an irb console within TM. I think it woudl be wonderful to
have a syntax highlighted irb console, and it would a cool place to
try out new commands etc - as it would have access to all the TM
variables. I'm sure it's possible (why managed to achieve something
similar with his Try Ruby site), but that's definitely a post-PhD
project ;-) irbmate!

Take care,
Sam