[TxMt] Problem converting markdown pre-blocks with accented characters

Bert Fitié bert at analytag.com
Mon Oct 9 13:40:58 UTC 2006

As a new user, I'm venturing a first question.

I'm using embedded pre-blocks in markdown for simple tables. I'm
spacing the columns with tabs. When a word in a column has an
accented character the number of generated spaces in the conversion
to html is wrong. See the example below.

Before conversion:

<pre>
Fitié <tab> NextWord
Fitie <tab> NextWord
</pre>

After conversion:

<pre>
Fitié <space> <space> NextWord
</pre>

When the word has one accented character 2 spaces are generated in
this case, otherwise there are 3 spaces. Something to do with UTF-8
encoding?

-- Bert Fitié