[TxMt] Diff from SVN Status Window

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Sun Oct 8 15:07:33 UTC 2006

On 7. Oct 2006, at 14:57, Mark Eli Kalderon wrote:

> The link for the diff command in the svn status window seems to be
> insensitive to the environmental variable TM_SVN_DIFF_CMD. I have
> it set to fmdiff, but the link for the diff command in the status
> window gives me the normal diff output as opposed to launching
> FileMerge.

I think there are two problems here, 1) shell executions from the
HTML window do not get any of the normal environment variables and 2)
the status window doesn’t do the normal diff magic we do for the
other diff commands.

I can probably look into changing #1. But for #2, one would have to
patch the current status command, and I’ve said it before, but this
one needs refactoring before it should be further patched (the
current version does have a few problems, but it’s complexity have
prevented me from fixing it).

I would like to see all renderings of the Subversion bundle to be
based on ERb templates, all svn output to be XML [1], separate stand-
alone parser modules per svn output kind, etc.

I will probably end up being the one who refactors the Subversion
bundle, but it’s not  something I have time for anytime soon.

[1] A problem with the XML output option is that if we use standard
XML tools to process it, we lose incremental rendering of the commands.