[TxMt] LaTeX project options and compiling window

Charilaos Skiadas skiadas at hanover.edu
Tue Oct 3 12:45:44 UTC 2006

On Oct 3, 2006, at 8:32 AM, Alan Schmitt wrote:
> Hello,
>
> A while ago, I was told that I could specify what latex command get
> run when I "rebuild" a latex file using the "TM_LATEX_COMPILER"
> project option. Unfortunately the only place I found where I can
> specify shell variables is in the global preferences, and I would
> like of course such variables to be project dependent. Is there a
> way to do so?

If you have created an actual project, i.e. a .tmproj file, as
opposed to dragging a folder onto TextMate, then in the project
drawer there is a little "info" button at the bottom left, which you
have to click. There need to be no files selected in the drawer at
the moment. (http://macromates.com/textmate/manual/
environment_variables#project_dependent_variables)

> Another thing I would like is to keep the "compiling" window open,
> so that I can look at the warnings and messages (right now it
> closes after compilation). I could not find this window in the
> "Window" menu. How can I keep it open?

 From section 3.4 of the LaTeX Bundle Help File:

   The environment variable TM_LATEX_ERRLVL controls the behavior of
the HTML window in the absence of critical errors in the typesetting
step. It has three possible values:
   2: If a document was successfully built, it will jump directly to
the preview. This is the default.
   1: If there are any warnings, these are shown, together with a
link to the preview.
   0: Halt on any errors or warnings, a link to the preview is only
included if the document was built.
   If the document could not be built, then the error messages are
always shown regardless of the value of TM_LATEX_ERRLVL.

> Thanks,
>
> Alan

Haris