[TxMt] LaTeX project options and compiling window

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Tue Oct 3 12:43:38 UTC 2006

On 3/10/2006, at 14:32, Alan Schmitt wrote:

> A while ago, I was told that I could specify what latex command get
> run when I "rebuild" a latex file using the "TM_LATEX_COMPILER"
> project option. Unfortunately the only place I found where I can
> specify shell variables is in the global preferences, and I would
> like of course such variables to be project dependent. Is there a
> way to do so?

There are in fact two ways to do this.

I recommend you create a file named .textmate_init in your project
folder and let it contain:

     export TM_LATEX_COMPILER=«whatever»

The other way is to have this in the project file, see [1].

[1] http://macromates.com/textmate/manual/
environment_variables#project_dependent_variables

> Another thing I would like is to keep the "compiling" window open,
> so that I can look at the warnings and messages (right now it
> closes after compilation). I could not find this window in the
> "Window" menu. How can I keep it open?

By default it does not close the window on errors. Are you using an
external previewer? Did you change some of the default options? Or
maybe you’re referring to warnings?

You can set TM_LATEX_ERRLVL to 0 to always have the window stay.