[TxMt] Re: Latex tables and Excel

Charilaos Skiadas skiadas at hanover.edu
Sun Oct 1 22:22:28 UTC 2006

On Oct 1, 2006, at 5:16 PM, William Yang wrote:

> And about your OT: how about Openoffice (or NeoOffice)?  They have
> a pretty robust spreadsheet program from my limited use.

They are way too bloated in my opinion, for most uses. In my
computer, Openoffice takes a full 2 minutes to load, and similar
performance for NeoOffice, and their memory demands are huge as well.
If I just want to add 10 numbers, I shouldn't have to go through all
that. ( I guess that's why I created my Spreadsheet bundle for
textmate).

 From my point of view they serve essentially one purpose: To allow
one to open Microsoft Office files without having Microsoft Office.

Anyway, to return to the script question, I just committed a simpler
version of the script, in Ruby, that should work just fine with your
case. Let me know how it works (if you follow the repository version
of the LaTeX bundle that is.)

> Will

Haris