[TxMt] Project Stats & a bug?

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Sun Oct 1 09:28:52 UTC 2006

On 30/9/2006, at 9:13, Reprisal wrote:

> [...] I wrote this because the TextMate.each_text_file was parsing
> everything in the project folder, regardless if I removed it from
> the project or not.  I have a "vendored" version of edge rails in
> one of my project folders, and seeing a list of all of DHH et al.s
> comments was hindering my use of the TODO.

Just FYI the TextMate.each_text_file does respect global folder
reference patterns.

> p.s. Allan: If I run any of these commands, regular todo or my
> versions, on a group of files from a top level directory like /
> Users/username my textmate will lock up for a very long time, at
> least unless of course I have a lot of ignore flags set.  Not too
> hard to avoid, certainly less than ideal.  Is there a better way to
> iterate over project files?

TextMate locks up when it is running a command. If the command has
HTML output, TM will be responsive while the command is running. So
changing to HTML output should at least solve the “locking up” part.

As for it taking long time to search your disk: probably not much to
do about that. Well, other than write a Spotlight TODO-importer and
use Spotlight. But if this was a network mount, it probably won’t work.