[TxMt] HTML Bundle: Insert Table Row x Column

Hans-Joerg Bibiko bibiko at eva.mpg.de
Thu Nov 30 22:53:30 UTC 2006

Hi,

I got some mails regarding to Hypersearch > GetAllMatches which can
transform a table written as a TAB b TAB NEWLINE ... to an HTML
formatted <table>. The question was whether it is possible to write a
snippet like 'table TAB' to insert an HTML table based on the user's
dimension input.
I wrote such a semi snippet as a command and I want to post it here.
Maybe it is also interesting for others.

The basic idea is to ask the user for the dimension and style with the
help of a Cocoa inputbox.

Syntax:

row column {style}

delimited by whatever (of course no digit;)

Examples:

3 x 4
will include three rows and four colums where each <td></td> is
written in a separate line

2 3 1
will include two rows and three colums where each <td></td> is written

4
will include four rows and four colums where each <td></td> is written
in a separate line

Its scope is text.html and the used shortcut is crtl+shift+t and you
can use TAB to jump to the next cell.

The only question I have is whether it is possible to invoke this
command like a normal snippet via e.g. 'tablexy TAB'.

-Hans