[TxMt] tiny improvements for perlmate.rb

Alexander Ross alex.j.ross at gmail.com
Thu Nov 30 08:15:30 UTC 2006

Hans,

I've just committed an improved PerlMate.  PerlMate now causes perl to
load  exception_handler.pm before executing the user code.
exception_handler.pm overrides CORE::GLOBAL::die to format unhandled
exceptions and print them to the file descriptor given by the
environment varibale TM_ERROR_FD.  This let's us manipulate the actual
exception objects instead of just their string representations.

The implementation is very basic, as I have no actual Perl programming
experience.  But it handles `die "Sometext";` just fine.  I don't know
how it will react to the throwing of except objects.

Perhaps you can look this over, and let me know what you think?

-Alex