[TxMt] Re: GTDalt Questions

Charilaos Skiadas skiadas at hanover.edu
Thu Nov 30 00:39:31 UTC 2006

On Nov 29, 2006, at 7:31 PM, Piero D'Ancona wrote:

> Charilaos Skiadas <skiadas at ...> writes:
>
> I also found the command quite useful (e.g., when jotting down
> a note containing a date I write today's date with a shortcut and
> then shift forwards or backwards as needed).

But how is that better than calling the current date command and
typing the number of days you want to shift forward, or minus that
number of days otherwise? i.e. if I want something due 4 days from
today, I would just do:
"#" followed by "4" and Return.
If I want something 4 days earlier than what it currently is set to,
then I would do:
"#" followed by right arrow, "-4" and then Return.

> 2) Also for me the checkbox works in strange ways. It is
> not consistent when the gtd window is updated after clicking
> in the checkbox; sometimes immediately, sometimes
> only after focus-out focus-in, and sometimes I must
> close the window and re-open it. But maybe I mis-interpreted
> something as usual

It would definitely require taking the focus away from the gtd
window, but that's an issue with TextMate's caching behavior. What
clicking the box does is change the file in the hard disk by
commenting the line. I don't have much control over when TM will
update its document. Usually taking the focus away from textmate and
then back should definitely do it. You could write a little command
to do that via applescript.

> Piero

Haris