[TxMt] Re: My stab at a reftex-ish style citation command

Adam R. Maxwell amaxwell at mac.com
Sun Nov 26 00:18:29 UTC 2006

On Nov 23, 2006, at 20:39, Charilaos Skiadas wrote:

> On Nov 23, 2006, at 11:13 PM, Adam R. Maxwell wrote:
>
>> Yeah, I see.  I'd like to figure out how to get the list of bib
>> file paths you're using and pass them to my BibDesk completion
>> program :).
>>
> All the hard work is in LatexCitekeys.rb. Basically, I ask TeX to
> tell me:
>
> kpsewhich -show-path=bib
> kpsewhich -show-path=tex

Out of curiosity, why -show-path=tex?  Just to search for
\bibliography commands in those .tex files?  I never put .tex/.bib
files in the kpsewhich search path, so I don't know precisely how to
use them.

For my own amusement, I wrote an Obj-C program that reproduces most of
the behavior of LatexCitekeys.rb (I think), and tells BibDesk to open
the files if necessary before asking it for completion terms.

It uses a login shell to optionally run kpsewhich and get paths from
it, so it works correctly for me even if I run the program from a
shell with $PATH="" (and no $PATH in environment.plist).  I was
surprised at the number of .bib files it found, actually.

-- Adam