[TxMt] Re: Hard wrap to given width?

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Thu Nov 23 18:32:43 UTC 2006

On 23. Nov 2006, at 18:57, Trevor Harmon wrote:

> On Nov 23, 2006, at 8:40 AM, Jacob Rus wrote:
>> Nah, for the most part the column selection method works fine.  I
>> think maybe people should make a bbedit bundle though, for all
>> those switchers who get lost in TM's features. ;)
> Column selection requires the mouse. Many people -- not just BBEdit
> users -- like to use the keyboard as much as possible.

Column selections may require the mouse in other editors, but not in
TextMate:

     http://macromates.com/textmate/manual/
working_with_text#column_selections

So for a soft wrapped line, move to column 40 (or whatever) use
⇧⌘←, ⌥, and then ⌃Q to get a reformatted paragraph with a
width of 40 columns.

You can also let the column selection start at column 4 or similar to
have the reformatted paragraph indented.