[TxMt] My stab at a reftex-ish style citation command

Alan Schussman alan at schussman.com
Thu Nov 23 17:26:44 UTC 2006

Hi all-

Here is a first attempt to make a slightly RefTeX-esque citation
command. I worked it up to fit my writing style a little more: It's
not bound to the cite context, so you invoke it after typing, say, a
last name or a word from a title. It will prompt for any of a set of
citation formats (many of which will require natbib to typeset), and
then complete the cite with the existing cite completion command.
Output is as a snippet so you can tab through to add page numbers or
additional citekeys (invoke it again while within a cite command, and
it will skip the format selection and prompt for another citekey
match -- though that breaks the ability to tab out of the cite
command). I like it.

It's a quick hackup, and improvements/suggestions are welcome --- but
it scratches an itch, for now. I'd like to have a default of \cite,
for example, so you can invoke it and just hit enter to move right
past the format selection and on to citekey completion.

Cheers-
-Alan