[TxMt] markdown_to_help.rb Suggestion: Hyperlink back to TOC

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Thu Nov 23 16:44:48 UTC 2006

On 23. Nov 2006, at 14:55, Hans-Joerg Bibiko wrote:

> [...]
> Now I have a tiny suggestion for an improvement:
> I added a href back to TOC to each jump address. That means if you
> click lets say at the TOC entry 3.1.7, it jumps to 3.1.7 BlaBla and
> if you click at 3.1.7 it will jump back to TOC. That would increase
> a bit the navigation behaviour for large help files for instance.
> I've chosen the id=sect_0 as address for TOC.
>
> I attach the modified markdown_to_help.rb to this mail as an
> example. Maybe the only thing which should be written better is the
> style attribute 'text-decoration:none' (I added it because it looks
> better ?). Maybe place this style to the css?

Thanks, I committed the update.

Personally I would prefer making the “to top” link more explicit.
We could maybe use a glyph, some suggestions:

    1.2 PostgreSQL (↖)

    1.2 PostgreSQL (⇞)

    1.2 PostgreSQL (↩)

We could lose the parenthesis and/or make it only show on hover (and
maybe in a semi-light gray color).