[TxMt] TurboGears Bundle

Ed Singleton singletoned at gmail.com
Thu Nov 23 11:41:54 UTC 2006

I have expanded on Jonathan LaCour's TurboGears bundle, mainly adding
in lots of snippets that have (for me) vastly speeded up creating
models and forms in TurboGears.  There's not much in there of interest
to anyone not using TG, except for a couple of generic Python snippets
I put in cause I got bored of typing *args, **kwargs.

For TGers, an example of using the form snippets is to type form→ to
create a new form, then field→ to choose and insert a field into it,
then once you get to the validator tab stop type valid→ to choose and
insert a validator.  After that you have to manually move to the end
of the field snippet to insert another field, but then you can just
rinse and repeat as necessary.

If, like me, you are often sent a list of fields to be put on a form,
if you copy them one by one in reverse order you will have them in
your paste history and can paste them into the filed names as you go
through using cmd+v for the first and command+shift+v for the others
(does anyone know a command to copy a list into your paste history?).

Anyway, it allows me to knock out a thousand lines of forms in a
couple of hours (admittedly the layout is very javascript-y, so it
could be fitted into a lot less lines).  Similar things can be
achieved with models.

Any comments, corrections and additions will be very gratefully received.

Ed