[TxMt] Hard wrap to given width?

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Thu Nov 23 02:02:01 UTC 2006

On 23. Nov 2006, at 02:33, Trevor Harmon wrote:

> On Nov 22, 2006, at 4:56 PM, thomas Aylott wrote:
>> You can set your window to wrap at a specific number of columns if
>> you like.
>> View > Wrap Column >
>
> Yes, I suppose that's one way to do it:
>
> 1. Set view to desired column width
> 2. Text > Reformat Paragraph
> 3. Revert to original column width
>
> Rather tedious, but I guess it's better than wrapping everything
> manually.

You can also make a column selection, to restrain wrapping to the
columns set by that selection.

Or alternatively, if the column changes a lot, write a command that
prompts you for the width, here’s a simple proof-of-concept, if you
click (to install) it will put the “ask for width” version of
Reformat Selection on ⌃Q (replacing the built-in version):