[TxMt] Is this for real?

Lists In@IDC listsin at integrateddevcorp.com
Wed Nov 22 13:41:38 UTC 2006

On Nov 22, 2006, at 7:32 AM, Andy Armstrong wrote:

> On 22 Nov 2006, at 02:10, Lists In at IDC wrote:
>> It'd be best, if they could work it out, to have a single company
>> producing TextMate for all platforms.
>
> Best for whom? It'd be best for Allan to do whatever makes him happy.

Best for the users who have multi-platform needs and, ultimately, for
the developers if the personalities, work styles, and business
arrangements were harmonious.

I've been the only programmer on a project and I find that, when
working with a compatible team, the quality and amount of delivered
product goes up exponentially and the stress goes down.  Nothing like
a fresh pair of eyes (or even just ears) on a tough piece of design
or code.

>> Problem is, the people coding these things aren't usually the
>> strongest businessmen.  Not a dig, just a fact based on my 30
>> years in the business.
>
> s/fact/observation/

Good point.