[TxMt] Can someone bring back HTML (PHP) bundle?

Ryan Masuga ryan at masugadesign.com
Tue Nov 21 18:45:45 UTC 2006

On Nov 21, 2006, at 1:25 PM, Allan Odgaard wrote:
> On 21. Nov 2006, at 16:45, Ryan Masuga wrote:
>
>> I hadn't upgraded Textmate in quite a while and just recently did
>> so (I think I had 1.2, and I'm at 1.5 now - needed to do this to
>> get the GetBundle Bundle to work) and I noticed that the HTML
>> (PHP) language selection is gone - now either HTML or PHP is all
>> red, rather than both languages being colored correctly at the
>> same time. I was reading a little in the lists and see that PHP is
>> more of a 'top level' language now, but for those of us who have
>> pages filled with HTML and PHP I'd love to see these files colored
>> that way they were before.
>
> Use HTML for those pages, it has always been like that. The PHP
> grammar is to be included by other grammars, not used stand-alone.
> I only partially made the possible because regardless of my
> efforts, people kept selecting it for their HTML files with PHP,
> and then sent me bug reports about e.g. treating stuff outside <?
> php … ?> as code etc.

Hi Allan,

I am using HTML for my PHP pages. I never selected PHP before - never
had to. The problem is that after I upgraded, all the PHP in my HTML
is red - there is no syntax coloring of the PHP at all - but I had
this working before. I had two different Language files:

HTML
HTML (PHP)

And now the HTML (PHP) is no longer there, and using HTML, like I
mentioned, doesn't perform any PHP coloring.

I think one problem I see is that scope is not going deep enough
anymore. For example, if I’m in HTML and I hover over “page” in this
text:
<?php require('page.php'); ?>
I get:
text.html.basic
source.php.embedded.html

But if I’m in PHP (which I never previously used, ever), hovering
over the same text supplies:
source.php
string.quoted.single.php

I think what I ideally need is to be in HTML and see this when I use
the scope selector, over that particular piece of text:
text.html.basic
source.php.embedded.html
string.quoted.single.php

So, to sum up - I am using HTML for my PHP files. It used to color
PHP correctly, now it no longer does. Using the scope selector,
nothing goes further than this anymore: text.html.basic >
source.php.embedded.html. Is it possible the upgrade corrupted
something?

Thank you!

ryan