[TxMt] Re: GTD request

Piero D'Ancona pierodancona at gmail.com
Sun Nov 19 13:27:57 UTC 2006

Charilaos Skiadas <skiadas at ...> writes:

> I really don't see why you can't simply add any lines you want,
> prepended by a "# ". That's what the comments are for. Anyway, I
> removed the check now, so you can freely add anything you want
> anywhere, and it will simply be ignored.

Great, thank you!

If you really want to know...

Comment lines are "second class text". In almost all
styles they are colored in weak colors (I use Slate and
they are grey on blue, almost impossible to see). In the
back of my mind, a comment line is something to
skip so I tend to not give much attention to it.

But my way of using GTD is the opposite: each file
contains a lot of essential info which I use when writing
projects and actions. For instance, when I am thinking
about a situation to decide my next move, I write in
a "scratch area"  possible moves, random thoughts,
related info, etc, and after a while this info trickles down
to new actions at the bottom of the file. So these text
lines are actually the main focus of my attention.
(It works :)

Piero