[TxMt] [ANN] Sync with rsync and SSH!
jayallen at gmail.com
Sat Nov 18 20:37:29 UTC 2006
This is ***fantastic***! Great work!
For those who wish to try it:
1) Save the archive and double click on it. It will automatically be
installed as a bundle. You can view it in the bundle editor if you
like, as I did.
2) Open a directory in TextMate that you wish to sync to your remote server
3) Run the configure command in the bundle. This will allow you to
specify remote username, host and corresponding target folder's path.
Save and close the config file
4) Make a change to any file in the project and select the Synchronize
project or Synchronize file commands.
IMPORTANT: Reiterating what David said, if you select to sync the
project, it will remove the target folder on the remote server
entirely before synching! If you wish to do a dry run, you can add a
-n argument to the rsync command in the bundle.
5) View the folder or file on the remote server and see that it is synched.
On 11/17/06, David Jack Olrik <david at olrik.dk> wrote:
> Hi All,
> Got inspired of the "Sync with Transmit" bundle, and created this little
> All you need is that your public SSH key is added to authorized_keys on the
> remote server =)
> Warning: The directory you specify in REMOTE_PATH will be nuked on first
> full project sync.
> Best regards,
> David Jack Olrik <david at olrik.dk> http://david.olrik.dk
> GnuPG fingerprint C290 0A4A 0CCC CBA8 2B37 E18D 01D2 F6EF 2E61 9894
> ["The first rule of Perl club is You do not talk about Perl club"]
> For new threads USE THIS: textmate at lists.macromates.com
> (threading gets destroyed and the universe will collapse if you don't)
More information about the textmate