[TxMt] Problem with GTDAlt r6072

Charilaos Skiadas skiadas at hanover.edu
Sat Nov 18 19:00:05 UTC 2006

On Nov 18, 2006, at 1:28 PM, Chris Rose wrote:

> Colour me dense, but how does one go about accomplishing this feat?
> The Plugins directory in my TextMate.app does not have SVN metadata...

There are two things needed. The one is Dialog.tmplugin, which needs
to reside in a PlugIns directory, either inside TextMate.app or ~/
Library/Application Support/TextMate, or even better /Library/
Application Support/TextMate.
For that you would need to follow the instructions for getting more
bundles in http://macromates.com/textmate/manual/
bundles#getting_more_bundles
in order to check out http://macromates.com/svn/Bundles/trunk/PlugIns
The net effect should be a directory /Library/Application\ Support/
TextMate/PlugIns, containing Dialog.tmplugin.

Further, you need an updated (from svn) global Support directory, in /
Library/Application\ Support/TextMate/Support

Unfortunately this is not entirely trivial, though the following
lines should accomplish it, provided that you already have /Library/
Application Support/TextMate, and you have installed svn
(subversion). The alternative is to just wait for the next TM version.

cd /Library/Application\ Support/TextMate
svn co http://macromates.com/svn/Bundles/trunk/PlugIns
svn co http://macromates.com/svn/Bundles/trunk/Support

If you already have the Support directory there, then you would want
to replace that last command with:
svn up Support

Hope this helps,
Haris