[TxMt] Two Latex issues

Christopher Brewster C.Brewster at dcs.shef.ac.uk
Fri Nov 17 23:01:30 UTC 2006

> On 17 Nov 2006, at 22:44, Allan Odgaard wrote:
>
> On 17. Nov 2006, at 16:36, Christopher Brewster wrote:
>
>> I have the following problem, returning to a latex project after
>> 2-3 weeks:
>>
>> 1. Even though I have set the master file to \includeonly{chap7}
>> when I compile within Textmate it ignores the command and
>> constructs the whole document.
>> When I manually do 'latex, bibtex, latex,latex' there is no problem.
>>
>> 2. I set TM_LATEX_ERRLVL to 0 but the ouput screen always disappears.
>> I tried the other values (1 and 2) with exactly the same behaviour.
>>
>> How can I track down the problem?
>
> So effectively both TM_LATEX_MASTER and TM_LATEX_ERRLVL are ignored?
>
> How do you set the variables? Could you try type: env|sort and
> press ⌃R in a document and see if they have the proper values.

I enclose the output of this command below.

Note that I also tried uninstalling TextMate entirely from my
computer including stuff in the ~/Library and /Library folders.
When I re-installed TextMate I had exactly the same problem. Also it
seemed to remember my 'recent files' and shell variables
but not my choice of theme. So  did not actually uninstall completely.

I don't understand what has changed because I have not touched my
latex project for 3 weeks.
And Latex editing is what I mostly use TM for.

Christopher

env|sort
EDITOR=mate -w
HOME=/Users/kiffer
INFOPATH=/sw/share/info:/sw/info:/usr/share/info
LC_CTYPE=en_US.UTF-8
LESSEDIT=mate -l %lm %f
MANPATH=/sw/share/man:/Library/Frameworks/Python.framework/Versions/
Current/man:/usr/share/man:/usr/local/share/man:/usr/local/teTeX/man:/
usr/X11R6/man:/sw/lib/perl5/5.8.6/man
NLTK_LITE_CORPORA=/usr/share/nltk_lite
PATH=/Users/kiffer/Library/Application Support/TextMate/Support/bin/
CocoaDialog.app/Contents/MacOS:/sw/bin:/sw/sbin:/Library/Frameworks/
Python.framework/Versions/Current/bin:/Users/kiffer/
jythonRelease_2_2alpha1:/bin:/sbin:/usr/bin:/usr/sbin:/usr/local/bin:/
usr/local/teTeX/bin/i386-apple-darwin-current:/usr/X11R6/bin:/Users/
kiffer/Library/Application Support/TextMate/Support/bin
PERL5LIB=/sw/lib/perl5:/sw/lib/perl5/darwin
PWD=/
PYTHONPATH=/Library/Python2.4/site-packages
RUBYLIB=/Users/kiffer/Library/Application Support/TextMate/Support/lib
SECURITYSESSIONID=52d680
SHELL=/bin/bash
SHLVL=2
TEXEDIT=mate -w -l %d "%s"
TM_COLUMNS=78
TM_COLUMN_NUMBER=9
TM_CURRENT_LINE=env|sort
TM_CURRENT_WORD=sort
TM_INPUT_START_COLUMN=1
TM_INPUT_START_LINE=1
TM_INPUT_START_LINE_INDEX=0
TM_LATEX_BIB=/Users/kiffer/Documents/kiffer_on_Mac/Sheffield/bibs/
kiffer.bib
TM_LATEX_COMPILER=latexmk.pl
TM_LATEX_VIEWER=Preview.app
TM_LINE_INDEX=8
TM_LINE_NUMBER=1
TM_MODE=Plain Text
TM_SCOPE=text.plain meta.paragraph.text
TM_SELECTED_TEXT=env|sort
TM_SOFT_TABS=NO
TM_SUPPORT_PATH=/Users/kiffer/Library/Application Support/TextMate/
Support
TM_TAB_SIZE=4
USER=kiffer
_=/usr/bin/env
__CF_USER_TEXT_ENCODING=0x1F5:0:2

For new threads USE THIS: textmate at lists.macromates.com
(threading gets destroyed and the universe will collapse if you don't)