[TxMt] JavaScript Bundle & Symbol Greediness

Taylor Barstow tbarstow at workflowbydesign.com
Fri Nov 17 20:03:35 UTC 2006

Hi,

At some point in the last month something major changed with the
JavaScript bundle.  In particular, so many symbols are now added to the
symbol list that it is basically unusable.  I can't say exactly when
this change occurred, but I would assume that others have noticed as well.

As an example, have a look at the following lines of (contrived) code:

           var i = document.createElement('input');
           i.type = 'checkbox';
           i.name = 'foo';
           i.value = 'bar';
           i.checked = false;

I would not expect this to add any symbols to the symbol list. But in
fact, this block of code adds the following four symbols:

type
name
value
checked

Has anyone else had this problem?  Does anyone know how I can fix this?

Thanks,
Taylor