[TxMt] I know this has been done to death but...

Andy Armstrong andy at hexten.net
Thu Nov 16 17:22:24 UTC 2006

On 16 Nov 2006, at 17:13, Jay Soffian wrote:
> http://macromates.com/wiki/Main/FAQ
>
> Q: Is there a way to disable the automatic update of the Project
> Drawer? Since I'm editing files that are located on a slow network
> drive (DAV) it takes several seconds before TextMate becomes
> responsive when I tab back to it.

And the answer:
> A: You can create a static (thus non-updating) project by dragging
> files (instead of folders) to the project drawer.
>
> A script to create a (static) tmproj file from a folder can be
> found here (save as build_project.sh and chmod a+x build_project.sh
> and run it like so ./build_project.sh myfolder/ > myproject.tmproj).

I could do, yes - but I'd like to see new files that arrive via svn
up without manually adding them to the project.

> Another workaround is to use a desktop manager program which allows
> you to have multiple desktops, which prevent an application from
> losing focus which switching.
>
> http://www.macupdate.com/info.php/id/16530

OK, that answers my question about whether that works :)

> Do we need Allan to spend time coming up with a fix for 1.5 or
> would we rather his time be spent toward 2.0? I vote for the
> latter. :-)

You present that as a clear either-or choice - which it may not be.
It might be possible for Allan to add an option to switch on manual
project updates in just an hour or so - maybe less. Also it might be
that if Allan devoted some time to this he'd have code he could use
in 2.0. I'm speculating of course - but then so are you :)

--
Andy Armstrong, hexten.net