[TxMt] invoking a snippet from a snippet

Ed Singleton singletoned at gmail.com
Mon Nov 13 14:04:47 UTC 2006

On 13/11/06, Helge Hartmann <helge.hartmann at gmx.de> wrote:

> I try to develop my first bundle for Jess, a rule base language.
> For that I defined a snippet
>
> (defrule ${1:rulename}
>  "${2:description}"
>  ${3:patterns}
> =>
>  ${4:actions}
>  )
>
> Now I want to invoke an other snippets
>
> (MAIN::$1)
> invoked by main->tab
> at ${3:patterns}. But when I hit the tab, the cursor jumps to ${4:actions}.
> So, can you recommend something? I think I could simply use key bindings.
> But I like much more the tab trigger.

I wanted to do exactly the same thing, but as far as I can tell you
can't.  I'd also really like for the snippets to be properly nested,
such that when you finish the second one, it carries on with the rest
of the first.

I'd also really like to be able to reference tab-stops from the first
snippet in the second snippet.

However I don't think any of these things are currently possible.

Ed