[TxMt] LaTeX autocompletion

Charilaos Skiadas skiadas at hanover.edu
Sun Nov 12 15:23:24 UTC 2006

On Nov 12, 2006, at 8:12 AM, baptiste auguie wrote:

> 1 - when editing LaTeX code, I'd love to get a similar
> autocompletion feature as Kile for Linux (when you
> type \be, you get a list of possiblities that follows
> your typing (\begin{abstract},...)). It's *very*
> convenient and clever: it gives you the latex commands
> as well as words already present in the document, and
> narrows the list according to your typing.
> I found some posts about a latex autocompletion
> bundle/macro for TM, but I can't have it to work (I'm
> not sure what it does exactly anyway!). I get a huge
> list, from which I can't seem to choose before it
> disappears and leaves me with a blank document !

You should have a look at the Help file within the LaTeX bundle,
there's a number of different autocompletion commands in the LaTeX
bundle. For the particular case you quoted, i.e. creating new
environments, you would create it by first typing abstract and then
pressing cmd-{  (cmd-shift-[ in US keyboards). (This is the command
named "Insert Environment based on current word". You can also try to
press cmd-{ before typing anything and see the options you get. If
you want to autocomplete plain commands, then typing \ and the first
couple of letters, and then pressing esc should do exactly what you
want.

Finally, you might want to have a look at the screencasts if you
haven't seen them yet:
http://skiadas.dcostanet.net/afterthought/list-of-my-textmate-pages/

Haris