[TxMt] run Octave code

baptiste auguie bapt_4510 at yahoo.fr
Sun Nov 12 14:59:07 UTC 2006

Hello,

I've run successfully some Octave code with Textmate,
using the following syntax,

#! /sw/bin/octave -f
my code here

i just select the whole text, and run "Execute line
inserting result". It used to work well, but for some
reason it now displays an error message when I try to
use some data files in the Octave code.

Example:

#! /sw/bin/octave -f

load("datafile.dat");

displays an error,

error: load: unable to open input file `datafile.dat'.

Running the same script in the Terminal works fine, so
the problem is really when running the script in
Octave. A simpler self containing script works fine
(not loading a file).

It's probably something to do with path directory, but
I don't know why it used to work and doesn't anymore
(possibly some update of TM in the meantime, and I
also registered and added a few bundles).

Any tips?

thanks,

baptiste