[TxMt] Distilling Text (was: Another Editor War Sparked by TextMate)

Jay Soffian jay-txmt at soffian.org
Sun Nov 12 07:20:04 UTC 2006

Improved version. Renamed it to "Distill Text," checks to make sure
it can find mate, ensures pattern can be compiled.

I don't like that mate creates a temporary document under /tmp. TM
Gurus, is there a way to have TextMate create a new document with
specified text that's a little cleaner? I tried "make new document"
via Applescript but didn't have any success. Ideally the new document
shouldn't have any backing store until the user tries to close or
save it at which point they're prompted for where to save the new
file. (Aside, it would be nice if mate had that option...)

j.