[TxMt] Re: folding marker questions/suggestions

Jacob Rus jrus at hcs.harvard.edu
Sat Nov 11 12:32:27 UTC 2006

Jay Soffian wrote:
> On Nov 10, 2006, at 6:04 PM, Jacob Rus wrote:
>> There's really nothing to be done about this until TM 2.0, at which
>> point it should be possible to make it work perfectly.
>
> I missed that post. What is changing in TM 2.0 to enable it to work
> perfectly?

The foldings are going to be based on scope, and we'll gain the ability
to set up scopes which are smart about indentation (like have end
conditions that depend on indentation rather than an explicit end
marker).  How exactly this will work will probably only be discovered as
Allan figures out the twists and turns while actually implementing it.

> (Is there a what's-in/what's-out TM 2.0 list somewhere, or just what can
> be gleaned from Allan's messages to this list?)

Just what Allan has said on IRC while we've discussed the troubles of
correctly scoping Python (and Markdown) in TextMate.

-Jacob