[TxMt] Re: Another Editor War Sparked by TextMate

Jenny Harrison harrison at Math.Berkeley.EDU
Fri Nov 10 17:01:33 UTC 2006

> On Nov 10, 2006, at 11:38 AM, Andy Armstrong wrote:
>> On 10 Nov 2006, at 16:30, Allan Odgaard wrote:
>>> But I have acknowledged that the majority of users really want
>>> chunked undo, and it is the standard on the Mac -- when I don’t
>>> jump right on it, it’s because there’s really a lot of things I
>>> should also jump on then. But speaking to users at WWDC did make
>>> me consider strongly to move it forward from the 2.0 release,
>>> seeing how it was basically the only thing people mentioned, and
>>> it was mentioned a lot from users who was otherwise quite fanatic
>>> about the program.
>>
>> It'll still be possible to turn off chunked undo, right? I like it
>> how it is :)
>>
>> --
>> Andy Armstrong, hexten.net
>
> I concur.
> After I finally got used to this style of undo, I greatly prefer it
> (in my code editor).
> This looks like on of the few times when a user preference would
> make sense.
>
> thomas Aylott — design42 — subtleGradient — CrazyEgg

   I find that when I am writing Latex code I need step by step undo,
but when writing about ideas chunk undo would be much more
natural.    It would be cool to be able to toggle back and forth.
The potential mountain of users of TM would feel the same.

Jenny