[TxMt] GTDalt and iCal sync

Charilaos Skiadas skiadas at hanover.edu
Wed Nov 8 15:57:43 UTC 2006

On Nov 8, 2006, at 8:04 AM, Carsten Hoever wrote:

> Am 08.11.2006 um 13:43 schrieb Charilaos Skiadas:
>
>> On Nov 8, 2006, at 6:27 AM, Carsten Hoever wrote:
>>
>>> Is there any solution available for the problem of GTDalt not
>>> being able to sync with iCal? I am having the same problems here
>>> that Mark had (GTDalt creates an empty iCal calender).
>>>
>> I committed a fix on October 27th, so if you are running the most
>> up-to-date version of the bundle it should work fine. The problem
>> was caused by double quotes in the actions/notes. If you use
>> simple quotes instead, it should work fine. But the most up-to-
>> date version should work fine anyway. If they don't, I would
>> suggest removing actions one at a time (after you've copied your
>> files elsewhere of course) until it starts working. Then we can
>> find the offending lines.
>
> I am using the newest version. I have reduced my file to contain
> only the following lines, but alas it still doesn't work:
>
> project ThingsToDo
>   @email hallo world  due:[2006-11-19]
> end

So wait, let's get things straight. Does iCal create one calendar per
context? If it doesn't, then make sure that there is a variable
called TM_GTD_CONTEXT    (note, no S) that has a space separated list
of your contexts. Ideally, make sure your contexts only have
alphabetic characters.

If enough calendars are created but they don't get populated, then we
have a harder time. The next thing to do is make sure that there is a
variable called  TM_GTD_DIRECTORY, that points to the absolute path
to the directory containing your gtd files. With all this set up,
create a new command in the GTDAlt bundle called whatever you want,
with the one line:

/Library/Application\ Support/TextMate/Bundles/GTDAlt.tmbundle/
Support/bin/get_lists.rb

(Adjust accordingly to make this point to where your GTDAlt bundle
lives. Then send me the output of that command, and we'll take it
from there.

> Bye,
>
> Carsten

Haris