searching address book (was Re: [TxMt] create email from document)

Brett Terpstra brett at circlesixdesign.com
Wed Nov 8 14:25:22 UTC 2006

Yeah, I had considered that, but there was no challenge there ;-).
What I ended up wanting to do with Oliver's idea was to create an
integrated command that every TextMate user could run regardless of
what 3rd party apps they had installed.  That's why I put the time
into the Applescript, with the assumption of course, that the user
was using or at least syncing with Address Book.  I like the versions
with contacts and lbdb, too.  I think the functionality should be
available to people who aren't using Quicksilver (do those people
exist?).  Thanks for pointing it out, though, and it may end up being
the better solution for some.

There have been a few commands, like this one, that I've put some
effort in to without any real intention of making daily use of them.
I think turning TM into a fully functioning mail application is a
pretty obscure project, but probably no more so than creating a
blogging app, which I find *extremely* interesting and useful.  What
I would like to work on is creating HTML emails from HTML documents
with text alternatives.  I am required by some clients to create
newsletters... well, I won't go into it, but it would be a nice feature.

Brett