Re: [TxMt] [Feat. Req.] New Xcode project…

Allan Odgaard throw-away-1 at macromates.com
Wed Nov 8 05:01:33 UTC 2006

On 7. Nov 2006, at 15:59, guerom00 wrote:

> It would be great if TextMate had a “New Xcode Project”
> command so that I don't have to fire up Xcode at all !
>
> Does anyone here knows if it's easily feaisble ?

Yeah, that should be pretty easy, and I do that as well (fire up
Xcode just to instantiate a project template).

I did a simple New Project in the Xcode bundle [1] using tm_dialog
(get latest version of the plug-in to avoid crashes when using ↩ to
dismiss the dialog).

It doesn’t fill in «PLACEHOLDERS» so that makes it not very useful
-- but that should be fairly simple, when someone finds the time.
Only problem is that majority of files are MacRoman, but at least the
strings file is UTF-16, and I got the impression that even nib files
are expanded, I don’t know what the characters would be there.

Here are the placeholders obtained by grepping the current templates:

     DATE
     FILENAME
     FULLUSERNAME
     ORGANIZATIONNAME