[TxMt] Sweave bundle problems following sweave bundle update

Alan Schussman alan at schussman.com
Tue Nov 7 16:07:25 UTC 2006

(Re-sent to the list after replying solely to Haris the first time.)

On Nov 7, 2006, at 8:20 AM, Charilaos Skiadas wrote:

> I think I might have forgotten to tell Alan about the most recent
> updates I've done. Here is a temporary location for the most recent
> bundle. Alan, perhaps you could update the bundle on your website?

Done, thanks for the updates, Haris. The archive on my site[1] is
your current bundle now, and it should do the trick for Danstan.

Thinking broadly about the bundle and how I'm using sweave, it seems
to me that sweave ought to work for at least a few different
circumstances:

1. single .snw file sweave => typeset
2. sweave project (typeset optional; I use the sweave project to
prepare data for subsequent work, and frequently do not typeset at
this point.)
3. sweave current file => typeset (not really functionally different
than no. 1, just switched on the basis of TM_LATEX_MASTER, probably)

My current workflow is to begin with no. 2, and then work with the R
console to test code that I subsequently plug into a single sweave
file. When I'm ready, I sweave and typeset that single file (which
lets me avoid re-sweaving the whole big project each time I want to
fiddle with a table, for instance). The trick for the bundle seems to
me to be enabling smooth selection of a) master sweave, b) per-file
sweave, and c) typeset, with as few overlapping key commands as
possible.

Anyway, I'll be eager to really work on this as soon as I finish this
little project I'm working on.

Cheers-
-Alan

[1] http://textbench.com/tm/SWeave.zip