[TxMt] Re: Writing Bundle [was: Lookup current word in Dictionary.app]

Jacob Rus jrus at hcs.harvard.edu
Tue Nov 7 15:37:23 UTC 2006

James Edward Gray II wrote:
> On Nov 7, 2006, at 3:56 AM, Jacob Rus wrote:
>
>> Well, maybe we should get a keyboard shortcut that exists on Mac
>> laptops then.
>
> Both option F2 and the help key are problematic on Mac laptops.  :(

The former is just fine.  Either add Fn to that, or switch the
preference in the keyboard preferences.  The latter is a pain.  Allan:
maybe we could have some sort of workaround so that full-size keyboards
could still use the help/insert key, but laptops could use some
alternate keystroke.  Given that this is the only key on a desktop
keyboard which cannot be imitated on an apple laptop (!), I think a
hard-coded workaround would be somewhat justified.  It's too useful a
key to deny to desktop users, but leaving commands that use it
desktop-only is also a shame.

-Jacob