[TxMt] Sweave bundle problems following sweave bundle update

Alan Schussman alan at schussman.com
Tue Nov 7 15:37:50 UTC 2006

Hi Danstan-

Are you sure you're using both the newest sweave and latex bundles? I
updated the scopes to fit the changes to the latex bundle some time
ago, and while I'm sure there are some glitches still, the sweave has
been working fine for me. (Haris has sent in some great changes, as
well, which I've incorporated.)

On Nov 7, 2006, at 2:08 AM, xolela at mac.com wrote:

> Following the update the latex  markings in my  .snw  do not show
> up (the R markings do).
>
> I noted that that the update did NOT include text.latex (or the in
> the update  text.tex.latex)   in the scope selector for the Sweave
> in R etc..

Latex in a sweave file should have scope text.tex.latex.sweave. Is
this not the case for you?

> And in the Typeset & view of the Sweave bundle the scope  that was
> originally  text.latex.sweave has changed to just  text.sweave.

This one is intentional, so that we can use the latex bundle's
typeset command, which is more updated and current: You should set a
TM_LATEX_MASTER variable for your sweave project. (I have a short
discussion of projects and sweave[1].) I should have deleted the
command entirely, but I just removed its key activation.

I'd suggest that you doublecheck that you have the newest bundle (Oct
5), and email me if it's still wonky. I'm at d-minus about two weeks
to my dissertation deadline, but I'll try to get it running for you.

Cheers-
-Alan

[1] http://www.schussman.com/article/1392/sweave-and-complex-projects