[TxMt] Re: Writing Bundle [was: Lookup current word in Dictionary.app]

Jacob Rus jrus at hcs.harvard.edu
Tue Nov 7 09:56:25 UTC 2006

Jacob Rus wrote:
> 4. A spell-check command, that either somehow uses the built-in
> spell-check, or pulls up suggestions from some other tool (aspell perhaps).

Apparently this is possible with ⌥F2.  I'm not sure this is my favorite
shortcut for this, or that the system spell checker is necessarily all
that I want it to be, but this is probably sufficient for now.

> 7. We could have some commands for looking the current word/selection up
> in various online references.  Immediately obvious choices are websters,
> wikipedia, and a generic google search, but it would be nice to allow
> people to add their own (I have access to the Oxford English Dictionary
> through school, for example)

Okay, I guess the web searches bundle already does this.  Well, maybe we
should get a keyboard shortcut that exists on Mac laptops then.  Also, I
was thinking a bit of putting up a tooltip with the first paragraph or
so, instead of necessarily going to the page.

-Jacob