[TxMt] Re: How to use "Find in Project" functionality in a command (help appreciated)

Jacob Rus jrus at hcs.harvard.edu
Tue Nov 7 08:23:53 UTC 2006

Bert Fitié wrote:
> 1. I'm a happy (64-year old, retired) enduser of textmate, not a
> programmer.
> 2. I'm using a textmate project as my "personal textbase". The project
> has many markdown files. I don't use markdown as a source to convert to
> html but as the real thing, as my final product (with an occasional
> preview for reading convenience).
> 3. My markdown file is a container for one or more articles, each about
> a separate topic. Every article is uniquely identified by a tag in the
> form of a string "tagid=<tagid>".
> 4. I'm using crossreferences to other articles in the form of a string
> "tagref=<tagid>".
> 5. To link from a tagref to the associated unique tagid I use the "Find
> in Project" dialog. I type "tagid=<tagid>" and click the single link in
> the result to load the relevant file.
> 6. I love to have the following command: with the caret in a
> "tagref=<tagid>" reference and pushing the enter key, the relevant file
> automatically loads.
> 7. I have no idea how to make this command; help is appreciated.

Instead, I suggest using regular (relative) markdown links for your
cross-references, and just using the regular syntax, as you would with
any other links.  That way, we can instead make a command which opens a
general markdown link, either in the browser if it's an html page, or in
an image editor/textmate if it's a local file.  I've personally wanted
such a command for a long time.

-Jacob