[TxMt] create email from document

Ale Muñoz bomberstudios at gmail.com
Mon Nov 6 20:45:31 UTC 2006

Here's the AppleScript code to create a new email:

set theSubject to your_subject_variable_here
set theContent to your_content_here
tell application "Mail"
	activate
	set newMessage to make new outgoing message with properties
{subject:theSubject, content:theContent, visible:true}
end tell

Caveats:

I've never tested it with multiline content (it was part of a script
that automatically created the content)

If you have any problems with new lines, the way to insert a linebreak
in AppleScript is:

set multiline to "foo" & return & "bar" & "baz"

Play a little bit with this ('man osascript' for info on how to call
AppleScript from the command line) and tell me how it works. It looks
like a nice addition to the TextMate arsenal :)

Hope it helps

--
Ale Muñoz
http://sofanaranja.com