[TxMt] PyMate in RUBY?!?!?

Fred B fredb7 at gmail.com
Mon Nov 6 17:33:13 UTC 2006

On 11/6/06, domenico.carbotta at fastwebnet.it
<domenico.carbotta at fastwebnet.it> wrote:
> why is the new version of pymate written in ruby?
>
> I don't know jack about ruby -- why should I learn it in order to hack on a
> tool I use daily while writing python code? come on, we don't want no stinking
> ruby here!

And we don't want no stinking language war here.

But if you ask it, it's because ruby totally owns python. ;)

More seriously, if you like to hack pymate, why don't you rewrite it
before someone else had to do it? Or are you proposing to do it now?
If your religion is against using a better tool written in ruby, use
the old one.
And if you're so picky about the tools you use, I have a bad news for
you: TextMate is not written in python.

P.S: Why are you posting all those answers to mails no sent to the list?